Welcome to a new year at École Olds High School! We would like to start off the year with an invitation for all parents/guardians to become involved in our ÉOHS School Council. One of the most important ways parents/guardians can make a meaningful difference for students is by participating in the School Council. Under the School Act, a school council is a collective association designed to advise the principal and the CESD Board of Trustees on matters related to the school. School Councils have legislated advisory and decision-making authority. They are different from Parent Societies & Associations, whose main function is to raise funds for the school. Our meetings are a great opportunity to keep up with what’s going on at the school and we always have time at the end for you to ask questions or provide input about your student’s experiences at the school. We don't do any fundraising.
The ÉOHS School Council meetings are held monthly in the conference room in the main office. Our first meeting will be on Monday, September 30th and will begin at 7:00 pm. We look forward to welcoming you! All parents or guardians of École Olds High School students are invited to attend.
Our School Council is a collective association of parents, the principal, and representatives from teachers, students, and the community.
The goals are:
- to promote the well-being and effectiveness of the entire school community,
- to enhance student learning, to maintain cost-effectiveness,
- and to facilitate cooperation among all the stakeholders in the school.
- Chair: Terri Sperle
- Vice-Chair: Nikki Brown
- Secretary: Sylvia Martens
Your voice, as a parent, is needed.
- Check the school calendar on this website for the next meeting date.
- Agenda: ( Will be posted here prior to the scheduled meeting)
- Minutes: (Minutes are only posted after the Council has approved them)