Career High School
Olds Career High School is a fully accredited public high school, which offers a small open school environment for students. Career training, self-directed learning, and computer managed learning opportunities offer students the flexibility to work, while attending school. Olds Career High offers a variety of high school courses to students in grades 9-12. The school provides flexibility, and is set up to meet the needs of individual learners.
For grades 1-8 visit our Off Campus Learning Centre
Olds Career High is a small student centered school, allowing informal and supportive teacher/learner relationships. We use individualized educational plans: utilizing the concept of self-directed programming, one-to-one tutorials, group seminars, modules, independent learning projects, and computer assisted delivery.
Students work at their own pace, reaching for a personal level of mastery. They are treated with respect and given the responsibility of freedom of choice. The small staffing arrangement allows for clear and prompt communication between school, students, and community.
Olds Career High School is a safe and caring place, where the rights and goals of the individual are important.
- Grades 9 through 12
- Adult upgrading
The student population in Career High Schools consists mainly of students seeking non-traditional, individualized settings for one, or more of the following reasons:
- at risk of dropping out of traditional high school
- attendance concerns
- need for flexible program
- behavioral concerns
- health concerns
- need for upgrading or fast tracking
- part-time or full-time employment
- teen parent
- social/emotional family problems
- independent learner
- need for adult upgrading
- need to fit education around diverse student activities
- September to June calendar
- students can register anytime between September & June providing courses will be completed by mid-June
- two certified Teachers on-site
- registration forms are available at the front desk and on this website
- students registered in another school but needing another course can apply for a “blended” program
- the yearly Registration Fee for senior high students is determined by the Board of Education
- all assignments have a deadline to assist with course completion
- students can access help from teachers during regular business hours
- summer school is offered for the month of July - registration begins in June (attendance is required for half days)