Philosophy, Mission, Beliefs
To provide students with the opportunity to cultivate academic, social, occupational, and personal skills to become an independent and productive life long learner.
Olds Career High School is committed to providing the opportunity and the environment to promote life long learning through:
1. Creating an environment that promotes life long learning, and supports student in their career exploration and choices.
2. Providing choices and involvement for all stakeholders.
3. Being an alternative to the “conventional” educational setting.
- Diversity Olds Career High School values the uniqueness of
- Equity All students are provided with the opportunity to achieve the
best possible education to meet their individual needs.
- Involvement Stakeholder participation is valued and encouraged.
- Individuality All people have intrinsic worth and will be treated with
Click here to view our Education Plan
Click here to view our Summer School Information.
Click here to view CESD's COVID-19 response.
Where do I register my child?
You can register your student at Olds Career High School in person, or you can start the process by filling out the online application form.
Where is Olds Career High School located?
Olds Career High School is located in Olds, Alberta Canada. Our address is: C5314 - 46 Street Olds, AB T4H 1B8 (on Hwy 27 across from the Legion and in the same building as the Olds Pet Clinic)
Can I take courses with another Chinook’s Edge school while enrolled with Olds Career High School?
Yes, with the permission of your local Chinook’s Edge School Division Principal, and our Olds Career High Principal. We call this a blended program, and we will work with your local school to ensure that this options fits in with your program of studies. Call us to discuss your options.
Do we have to come to the school daily?
Attendance is flexible, and designed to meet the students needs. Regular attendance (when possible) definitely increases your chances of successfully completing your courses. At the very least, the school staff likes to see or hear from their students on a regular basis (weekly) by phone or in person.
What makes Olds Career High School different than a regular high school?
Olds Career High School has an open classroom setting. There are no specific time periods for starting. Every student has unique goals. We specialize in 'school to work' transition and workplace safety training for youth and the community.
How much does it cost?
For students 19 years of age or younger, there are no fees associated with the regular high school program. Extra fees may be charged for extra CTS courses (eg. first aid).
Adult students $600 per 5 credit course ($120 per 1 credit course) + $100 one time school fee.
What courses are offered?
Refer to course list
Tips on being a successful Olds Career High Student
- set aside an allotted amount of time per day to work only on school work - attempt to work 1.5 hours a day on each course
- set up goals and completion dates that are realistic to your life
- stay in touch with the school
- for best results try to spend some time at school, the most successful students attend regularly
- research your learning style
- use varied learning modalities for retention - write it, say it, visualize it
- review for every one hour of new material - review for ten minutes within twenty four hours.
- learn to manage your time